1973 bay

Discussion in 'Camper Banter' started by jason tagger, Oct 16, 2016.

1. jason tagger

jason tagger New Member

Hi all I have joined this site to see if I can gain some interest and info about selling my 1973 bay camper. Any help would be a great help. As I am now in a wheelchair I cannot keep her and its a shame just to let her fade away. I have a few pictures and can supply a list of work I have had done. As said I cannot use this now so can anyone give her a home?. Pleased to awnser any questions....Jason

Attached Files:

2. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

How much you looking to get for her Jason ? Ill ask around some of the local guys to see if there is any interest, where are you based ?

3. jason tagger

jason tagger New Member

She has just had a fukk service, new discs and rear drums serviced so all braking in good order. She has just over 16,500 miles on the clock and to my knowledge is correct. I have seen other dub;s goong anywhere from £11,000 on the same year but milage far greater and other issues. People have said I would get about £10,700 and others have said £17,000. One guy offered £1600 then said that it was worth more but he would not be able to go to £14,ooo.
    Just someone that could advise me without trying to rip me off.
    For some reason the van was painted this matt blue colour and the van had been lowered and dropped but I had it restored back to the correct running height. Also the AA guy had a quick look and said that he could not see any issues with it. As you will know a 73 model is tax exempt so no need for that now but the van does have a years M.O.T so any advice you can give would be great. I would of liked about £16,000 but not really any less. I hope this is of help?. It would be a shame to see her fade away and not be used now and as in a wheelchair now there is no other option.
    I live in Newcastle upon tyne in the north east.