Adding a Site Comment?

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions' started by CrazyComputerMan, Aug 18, 2010.

1. CrazyComputerMan

CrazyComputerMan Well-Known Member

Would love you to add Site Comments so i can see other user tells us what thinks of forum and tells their like / dislike so you know what to edit and attract more campers people.

I've tried to find some moderators (in the past experience / moderating in other forum) and ask them and they had a look at the forum and they told me they have no interest on the forum. 2 done. But there's many more to ask. I think i know one who would like to be a moderator.

2. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

Normally when we start to market a forum there really isnt any need to add any special features, I have one forum which is a royal pain the back side because its mostly under 18's who want loads of features , where really the type of people which i like to attract are those that are just looking for good qaulity conversation about the topic of the forum , they are the most successful forums which eventually run them selves with out me being here too much.

Im a firm believer of choosing moderators on their dedication to the forum etc rather than people "wanting" to be mods. Normally those people that come to a forum just to be a apart of the forum staff get bored and leave pretty quickly , staff chosen from an already existing userbase are often alot better and alot more loyal to the site.

3. linzoid2781

linzoid2781 Well-Known Member

i am new to the whole "forum" thing....besides turning a computer on, I know nothing about computers except that they usually piss me off!-lol At the risk o sounding stupid..what is a moderator?

4. CrazyComputerMan

Moderator is similar to have powers that RiverWire have but less power but able to edit other user post and limited setting of the forum.

5. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

Yeah its basically some one who the admin trusts to help look at the forum and keep things organised and spam free, Since the admin cant be online all the time its like a little team of helpers to keep the site going

6. CrazyComputerMan

7. linzoid2781

linzoid2781 Well-Known Member

LOL!!!! Do they have to sing and dance as well? :)

8. CrazyComputerMan

Sometimes the mods do that :p.