My bus

linzoid2781

linzoid2781

hottest day of the year today 101 F actual temp..with 107 heat index!!!!!!! I felt bad for my poor little bus having to be air cooled in this HEAT!! There is no cooling happening for it! Where's that rain that you guys were supposed to send me-lol It hits temps of 120's in the building that I work in...ugh, makes going to work unbearable!! it's 10:00 pm and still 95!!

linzoid2781

linzoid2781

driving to work this morning and half waythrough tha intersection...she died....
Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!! No power, wouldn't start.
So called and told them I'd be late to work, and called my husband..
Resigned myself to trying to fix it by the side of the road (hopefully without getting run over!)
After about 10 minutes I found the problem..lost the nut off the coil exciter wire! Connectors were there, just no nut. Made it very hard to see. By some miracle I had a nut that fit, and I had it running before my hubby got there.
Got to work 20 minutes late...not too bad.
we'll see how the rest of the day goes!
Linds

CrazyComputerMan

CrazyComputerMan

driving to work this morning and half waythrough tha intersection...she died....
Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!! No power, wouldn't start.
So called and told them I'd be late to work, and called my husband..
Resigned myself to trying to fix it by the side of the road (hopefully without getting run over!)
After about 10 minutes I found the problem..lost the nut off the coil exciter wire! Connectors were there, just no nut. Made it very hard to see. By some miracle I had a nut that fit, and I had it running before my hubby got there.

Got to work 20 minutes late...not too bad.
we'll see how the rest of the day goes!
Linds
Sorry to hear that. Im bit not happy at moment as i might lose my first car as garage tried everything and noting seems to work. I thought i could post in Garage but it's for VW but are being assisting in other forum. He thinks it electricity Injector System and receiving false information when engine is warmed up so it probably it problem with the sensor.

linzoid2781

linzoid2781

i'm no expert, but wouldn't replacing the sensor do the trick? I mean...usually when the garage tells you it's a sensor that is lucky because that's a small problem. Maybe I am not understanding you right?!? Are the parts not available?? What kind of car is it?
Anyway, sensor is generally a quick fix..
Hopefully you find out more.
Keep posted.
Linz

CrazyComputerMan

CrazyComputerMan

Nissan Micra old fashion i think about 2000.

I'll PM you the link so you can read it all about. The man's coming on friday to check my car to see if it is worth to get it repaired or not. I hope it can be repaired because mileage is low.

linzoid2781

linzoid2781

ok...I am not familiar with a Nissan Micro..I don't think we have those here in the states, but....
I read your posts on the other forum, ad the guy that you were talking to seemed very helpful. Here's what I think...
I think that he is on the right track, and I totally believe that your motor is FINE! This is almost definetally a sensor issue. Without driving the car, I don't know...but it does make sense to believe that it is a fuel solenoid getting hot (as he said)
I tend to believe that it is a slightly different problem......I would look at the Emissions System, more specifically the O2 (oxygen sensor)
Usually here is one on the exhaust near your catylitic converter, and one up on the engine. I had a car that did the exact same thing..after i got hot, the sensor sent bad info to the computer and the car would drop down to about 30 mph...and not recover. Eventually the problem got worse and the car wouldn't run at all.
THere is no way for me to gurantee that this is your poblem, and you have to trust your mechanic if you are not willing to do the work yourself..but when i fixed mine it cost me $12.00
There should also be sensors on your fuel rails (for the fuel injection)...might also check those.
Any new info..keep me posted and we will go from there..
Sensors can cause havoc with a motor without any real damage...just frusterates the hell out of you.
You will learn, every problem you have..remember, then next time it will be no big deal!

Best of luck-
Linz

CrazyComputerMan

CrazyComputerMan

You were right. The air sensor is replaced and car is working now. Didnt need to buy second hand car because im in LOVE with my Nissan Micra... Perhaps i could paint my micra to campervan so i get small and cheap campervan hehehe :D

linzoid2781

linzoid2781

OH YEAH! Points for me!!-lol
Who thought a girl halfway around the world could figure out what was wrong with your car!!
Anyway, congrats on getting her running! Post a pic so I can see what a Micro is..I don't know.
Linz

linzoid2781

linzoid2781

Each time I get behind the wheel of my wonderful little camper van...I embark on a new adventure. Although it puts a smile on my face just to start her engine, I know that there is a possibility that something will go wrong. As it is my daily driver (usually) my boss at work even knows that if I am late there is a good chance that I am working on it on the side of the road...(and if it is hours late, he may need to come and get me-lol) This morning my throttle return spring stretched out...some luck (I mean...how does this happen!!!!!! ;) ) That is one way to hit 4 grand with the clutch in...trying to pull the pedal up with my shoe! Anyway, made it to work this time and fixed it in the parking lot. I guess this is the opposite of when I was driving last weekend and the brake pedal stuck down.....

I still believe......THERE ARE NO BAD DAYS WHEN YOU'RE DRIVING YOUR BUS!!!!!!!